A UK taskforce of charities and associations has launched a survey to find out about ICT Accessibility awareness and practices.
The initial aim is to produce an ICT Accessibility Business Case with case studies and implementation plan, followed by other potential tools and information, to help companies plan and incorporate ICT accessibility. The business case is expected to be published in March 2009.
The survey is open until 1st November, and participants can opt in to receive the survey results and final business case once published. No previous knowledge of accessibility is required.
Find the survey at http://cs.createsurvey.com/c/45/45/survey/507-Z0TuTA.html
The taskforce is made up of the following organisations:
- British Computer Society (BCS)
- City University
- Employer’s Forum on Disability (EFD)
- Intellect UK – Representing the UK Technology Industry
- Leonard Cheshire Disability
- Radar – The Disability Network
- Society of Information Technology Management (SOCITM)
- Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (WCIT)